Saturday 24 February 2018

A case for the Securities Commission

Over the past month we have been informed that in two of the pure play entities not all is as rosy as it is made out to be.

1. We have been advised that all is not well at the Battersea Power Project, that it requires an injection of aproximately RM8b.

2. Recently we have come to read reports that not all is well with the plantation investment in West Africa.

I tried to locate the prospectus, but till now I have not been able to, simply to see is these risks or other information relating to these were highlighted, after all under the disclosure based regime its all about,

  • Governance
  • Disclosure
  • Diligence.

My simple mind suggest to me that if these material inormation were made know than the market would have talked about it or worse the opposition bloggers would have had a field day. So I am going out on a limb and conclude, rightly or not, that such information was not highlighted.

Now if that be the case should the SCM not take action against the promoters and the IBs for witholding material information in the prospectus. 

I cannot honestly say that I expect any answers because those that are privileged are never taken to task and those that are nobodys are normally the ones paying the price to make up the KPIs!     

No comments:

Post a Comment